The Face Shop: Arsainte Eco-Therapy Super Gel Review

Sunday, August 18, 2013
I've always preferred gel moisturizers over cream moisturizers and when I found this, I was hopeful that this would be hydrating enough for the winter. When this went on sale at The Face Shop, I bought one.




Claims:

"Super size gel cream that contains iceberg winter provides moisture to skin, Phyto-hyaluronic acid water creates moisturized outer layer of skin, giving it a glowing radiance."

"Containing 1, 000mg of iceberg Water from Newfoundland, Canada and 1,000mg of Phyto-Hyaluronic acid water"

Directions: After using toner and emulsion, dispense an adequate amount and apply evenly to the skin in an outward direction. (or better cooling and soothing effect, recommended to keep it in the fridge.)

- Formula without 7 additives
- Dermatology tested
- No animal sourced ingredients
- Respect the environment


If you look closely at the gel, there appears to be micro shimmers. They don't appear on the skin.

Performance:

When I used this in the winter, I hated it. It didn't provide enough moisture and make my skin feel dry and hard.  Many reviews say that this gel is moisturizing enough for the winter, but I think that truely depends on your skin and where you live. When I used this in the summer, it made my skin feel really smooth and soft. The gel spreads easily over the face and absorbs relatively quickly. In the winter it created a layer that felt a bit slick but in the summer it is absorbed completely. (* I live in Seoul where the winters are very dry and the summers are very humid but the air conditioners are always on, thus more dry air). 

I think this is one of the most moisturizing gels for the summer. I really struggle finding a good moisturizer for the summer months. Creams like Nature Republic Super Aqua are too heavy, and aloe gel alone is too light. I find that this gel is heavy in moisture yet aborbs really quickly.

I don't know how to describe the scent of this product. It's not floral nor fruity. It's kind of strong and vaguely like lemons, kind of acid-like. Once, it is applied to the skin, you won't be able to smell it anymore.


Ingredients:


What I Love About It:

- It is a heavy duty gel moisturizer that is strong enough against the summer A/Cs
- It's  really affordable for 100ml of product
- Absorbs quickly
- Doesn't clog my pores


What I Don't Love About It:

- It creates a slick layer in the winter
- Not moisturizing enough to use year - round
- Smell takes a while to get used to


Rating: B

This gel is really good for dry skin in the summer but it is not enough in the winter. It doesn't do anything special either besides providing moisture and the smell is not for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top