[REVIEW] Origins Bestsellers Set + Bite Beauty Kir Royale Swatches (250 point reward)

Sunday, October 25, 2015
Oh Sephora, how you tempt me so with all your fabulous holiday gift sets.

As I've been quite preoccupied the past month, one of the things I've neglected was skincare. As a result, I didn't notice that I was running out of everything - eye cream, moisturizer, cleanser, etc. So when browsing Sephora one night, I saw this skincare set. It had everything that I needed so I didn't hesitate in making a purchase. 


The Origins Bestseller Set retails for $42 USD / $50 CDN (and is said to be of $100 USD / $125 CDN value) on Sephora.com - just enough to also qualify for free shipping!



As Described on Sephora:
What it is: 
A six-piece skincare set with bestsellers to moisturize, cleanse, revitalize, and improve pores. 
What it is formulated to do: 
This set has everything you need to rejuvenate your skin. Revamp your skin’s radiance with the GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Moisturizer. This lightweight, oil-free facial cream is fortified with legendary skin-boosters like panax ginseng and coffee bean to jumpstart hydration levels. Lackluster-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalized to create a healthy, vibrant glow. Then, refresh the eye area with GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. This clinically-proven morning-after eye cream instantly reduces dark circles and puffiness. It’s infused with Origins' proprietary complex of caffeine from coffee bean, Panax ginseng, magnolia extract, and natural optic brighteners that rapidly wake up, refresh, and restore radiance to tired eyes. In the evening, use the High Potency Night-A-Mins™ Cream, a night cream that helps skin wake up radiant and refreshed. 
Improve the look of skin with Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores. This mask is formulated with activated charcoal to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, leaving behind a clearer complexion. Use the Original Skin™ Renewal Serum with Willowherb for glowing skin. Formulated with Canadian willowherb, Persian silk tree, and a potent blend of actives to support smooth, refined pores and boost skin’s overall quality, it features a blend of optics that help soften and blur the appearance of pores and imperfections. Perfect for daily use, the Cleanse daily with Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing—skin is never tight, pulled, or parched. It’s perfect for all skin types, and it’s enriched with aromatic bergamot, spearmint, and lavender for a soothing touch. 
This set contains: 
- 1 oz GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer - 1 oz High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream - 0.5 oz Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb - 0.5 oz GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - 0.5 oz Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores - 1 oz Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash 
What it is formulated WITHOUT: 
- Parabens 

Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb: This is a light gel serum. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any residue. It doesn't make my skin feel irritated nor super hydrated.

Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream: Out of the entire set, this has to be my favourite. I love how it's in a little squeeze tube (the one sold separately is in a jar packaging). This eye cream has a slight pearl in the color - it's not enough to cover anything at all but this is probably why it gives the illusion of brightening. It absorbs really fast and just disappears into the eye area. I don't find it to be super hydrating but I appreciate that it does feel nice upon application and doesn't slide the makeup under my eyes.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: This is a really wet mask that dries really fast as well. I recommend that you apply a light layer because when it dries - it really dries and it can create a tight feeling on the skin.

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:  It lathers into a dense foam and cleans the skin pretty well without drying it out. It doesn't really have a scent.

Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins: This a night cream. It has a bit of a thick consistency that can be a bit hard to apply if your skin is completely dry. Once it absorbs, it completely disappears and leaves my skin without any residue. I don't find it particularly hydrating even though it's so thick. It has a very slight orange scent that is not really noticeable.

Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer: This is a gel-cream day cream. Despite its name, I didn't find it giving me energy. However, it does smell like Orange Crush. I'm not particularly fond of this smell. It applies on easy and absorbs quickly also leaving my face completely dry. It's does not feel hydrating enough for my skin.  Sometimes, I feel that it gives slight irritation on the skin around my mouth area. 

Overall
I've always heard amazing things about Origins so this set is great to try a little bit of everything. I thought this set was a great value seeing that both of the creams are 30ml each compared to the full sizes of 50ml. I'm also thrilled that the GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream is in a squeeze tube instead of a jar as well because it is far more hygienic and at 15ml - it's basically full size which retails for $38 on its own.  However, I don't find myself enjoying many of the products and I probably won't repurchase anything after finishing this set. For the prices of the products and the hype that is around Origins, I have to say I am slightly disappointed. I didn't find any of the products especially hydrating for my skin. It is autumn here so it is a bit dry in Canada. Perhaps this set will be better in the summer or in more humid climates. Just because this set didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you.  The products that I do recommend checking out would be the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash and the Ginzing Eye Cream. 

Limited Edition 250 Sephora Points Reward: Bite Beauty Limited Edition in Kir Royale - Luminous Lipstick (0.05oz / 1.55g), Lush Fruit Lipgloss (0.05oz/ 1.4g), pocket mirror.

When checking out, I noticed that Bite Beauty had a little set in the shade Kir Royale. Plummy reds being my weakness at the moment coupled with the fact that I haven't tried anything from Bite Beauty made this set a must have for me.
Luminous Creme Lipstick (Kir Royale):  the picture really isn't doing justice to this gorgeous colour. In real life, the colour is much more raspberry than red. The lipstick applies smoothly and is very pigmented. I recommend using a lip brush for a more precise application. 

Lush Fruit Lipgloss (Kir Royale): the lipgloss applies smoothly and has a slightly sticky texture. It feels quite hydrating and doesn't cling onto any rough or dry patches. It smells fruity and taste sweet. 


I've been accumulating my Sephora points for ages now but this is the first time I've spent some. It took 250 points and I think it's worth every single bit. 

I definitely recommend that you check out Sephora for their holiday sets and pick up the Bite Beauty set. It's really a great way to try a lot of new products at once without paying for the full size of everything.  New sets are constantly presented but some sets tend to sell out quickly as well. (*At the moment, I don't see the Kir Royale available on the Sephora Canadian site.)

Which sets are you most excited about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top