Yong Pal Kim Tae Hee/ Yeo Jin Inspired Dark Lips with Wet n' Wild Photobomb Lipstick

Thursday, October 1, 2015

I’d like to think that October is the month of trying new things. To start it off, I will be doing a Kim Tae Hee Dark Lips look with this Limited Edition Wet n’ Wild lipstick in Photobomb. I’ve always wanted to try a dark lipstick. Without entering into the higher price ranges, it’s been hard to find. That’s why when I was strolling through my local pharmacy and I saw this, I knew I needed to have it. Dark and bright lips also reminded me of Yeo Jin (played by actress Kim Tae Hee) in Yong Pal. I've been watching the drama on and off since it began airing and tonight is the finale. 



Packaging can sometimes play a huge role in whether I buy something or not. So, despite having heard wonderful things about the Wet n' Wild lipsticks, I've always hesitated to buy some because their packaging looks fragile and cheap. However, I'm really pleased with the sleek matte / rubber look of their Limited Edition lipsticks.

Photobomb is an awesome dark burgundy wine color. When I look at it, I feel like this is something a chic person would wear during the Autumn. 

For Fall 2015, Wet n’ Wild has come out with an entire collection of lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes, and nail polishes. Photobomb is just one of the six lip colors available.

I would say that it swatches a bit more red than the bullet. Nevertheless, it's very opaque and still beautiful. It has a cream finish so there's a slight seen to it. There's absolutely no shimmer in it.  Although, Photobomb is a really affordable lipstick, it was not drying and it felt very comfortable on the lips. I would say the texture is similar to that of the Aritaum Honey Melting Tints in that it has a bit of resistance when it's first applied. 

Although I really enjoy this color, I need to wear some kind of blush or bronzer with it because it makes me look extremely pale. Because the lipstick has a round bullet, it was hard to get clean lines. I recommend using a lip brush for better application. The swatches are coming off a bit more red than in real life. 

Yong Pal is actually the first drama/ movie that I've watched with Kim Tae Hee. I actually really liked her performance despite many people saying she cannot act. Seeing her with makeup on was also oddly satisfying. In many of Korean dramas, the girls always have this no-makeup makeup look on. Seeing Kim Tae Hee as Yeo Jin pull off bold lip colors was something different and nice.

Have you watched Yong Pal? What do you think of dark lips for Autumn? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top