Etude House Color Lips-Fit in PK003 Fantasy Fit Pink Review

Wednesday, March 5, 2014





Hi everyone, for the spring collection, Etude House came out with a line of lip liquids for matte lips. Matte lips seem to be the it item of Spring 2014 because it seems like every brand is coming out with some kind of product for matte lips - Skinfood, Innisfree, Etude House.

I was really excited for this product since I'm usually a fan of matte lips. Being in Korea, matte lip products were kind of hard to come by until last year when Aritaum released their Wannabe Tint Cushion Sticks. I was also excited because Sulli from FX girl group looked absolutely amazing with this on.  So naturally, I got the Etude House Lip-Fit in PK003 Fantasy Fit Pink - Sulli's pick.


Claims: "This is a revolutionary liquid type Lipstick that moistly glides onto lips with its vivid color and finishes off with a weightless powdery texture."

Directions: 
1. Shake well before use
2. Apply smoothly with tip. Lightly dab onto center of lips for gradation. Delicately apply for full cover
3. Apply a layer of Color Lips -fit WH901 after color for a moist gloss

         

Performance

Lesson: You need to exfoliate and prime your lips before you apply this product.

One of the things I really like about the product is that it's buildable. If you want a sheer pop of color, just add a tiny bit of this product. A little goes a long way. If you want a bright pop of color, you can slowly add more. The moment the you spread the product on your lips, it becomes powdery matte. It feels like powder too. As a girl who is used to moisturizing lip products, this feeling is quite new to me and I'm not I like it. If you smack your lips together, it feels like powder too. Although the surface of the lips become dry, the product itself does not make the lips feel drying until a few hours later. It also wears off slowly as the day goes on, like most products.

That being said, with all matte product exfoliation is essential. For this product, it is even more so. However, as I've experienced, even if you do both of those things, this product will still cling onto anything that's not smooth. It will also make little bits on the lips, as if you've got dry skin. To completely, get rid of that you need to apply a balm or  a gloss on top. You'll get smoother looking lips but they're no longer matte lips - thus defeating the main selling point of this product.

First Impression: I absolutely hated it. My lips aren't chapped nor dry but when I put this product on, it clunged and accentuated hundreds (maybe an exaggeration - but definitely a lot of dry bits on my lips. It was nothing like any product I've ever tried. I took the product off, I exfoliated my lips, put a lip balm on, shook the bottle, and applied it again. The dry bits disappeared by a lot but still this product found and clung to the edges of skin I had exfoliated. I applied gloss on top, and it made the edges less accentuated but my lips were no longer matte.


Although I have moisturized and exfoliated my lips, there are still many bits that appear. This makes this product a pain to use.


The Good:
- beautiful color
- affordable 
- very pigmented
- completely matte lip color
- gives the lips a nice tint
- buildable

The Bad:
- it will accentuate every broken or dry piece of skin on your lips
- difficult to get a smooth lips look even with exfoliation and priming
- if you apply too much, it will get on your teeth
- has a powdery feeling on the lips
- artificially sweet smell
- drying after a few hours
- its messy to apply a second coat after the first coat has completely dried


Overall: I think Etude House makes many good products but this one didn't really work for me.  I'm really glad that I didn't pay full price for this and waited for the Etude House sale. It takes too much of my time to make it work for me. I love the appearance of smooth lips but no matter how much I exfoliate or prime, this product creates bits on my lips and that's not ok for me. The color is truely lovely though. 

6 comments:

  1. I bought one with full.price and anothernwith sale price. Read a review before for this and she also said that it accentuates fine lines on lips..I should have gotten the top coat as well T_T

    http://marvelikalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can just use a clear lip gloss ^^ That should work fine

      Delete
  2. I bough one with the full price too and i was so disappoint about it. I wish to see your review earlier so i wont waist my money over it. What you have said in your review was totally true about it and it happened to me too...just feeling so regret now !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your regret! Let's try to make this product work with a balm or gloss and get our money's worth, ok?! :)

      Delete
  3. aaaah, i see what you mean by the little dry parts. a shame, because the color actually looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the color and I don't have anything like!

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top