[TRAVEL] Busan Tower, BUSAN, South Korea - After Dark

Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Continuing on from my Busan 2014 trip is my trip to Busan Tower. It was really dark by the time my friend and I arrived. It wasn't planned this way but due to the traffic jam that we had experience coming back from Haedong Yonggungsa Temple (here), our plans were delayed by 3 - 4 hours. Skipping dinner, we rushed over here from our hostel. During this time I was hangry due to hunger, but I managed to feel much better after having a Snicker Bar.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a video to explain.



Although my friend and I both have a GPS on our smartphones, finding Busan Tower at night managed to be quite tricky. From what I remember, it's close to a major modern downtown area. Even after dark (around 8pm), there were still many young people on the streets.

The Address: 37-55, Yongdusan-gil, Jung-gu, Busan 

부산광역시 중구 용두산길 37-55 (광복동2가) 용두산공원 내



Hours: Observatory: 09:00-22:00 (ticket office closes at 21:45) 

World Musical Instruments Museum: 10:00-18:00


Busan Tower is 69m above sea level and stands at a height of 129m. 

 The main reason why you might want to visit Busan Tower after dark is that you get to see a lot of lights. Although Busan maintains much of its traditional values, it is still a major city that is well lite with lots of street lamps after dark.  My first view of the tower wasn't much of a view as it was so dark.  I tried not to use flash as my hands are pretty shakey and flahsed photos usually come out blurry as you will see in the next picture.


Busan Citizens' Bell Pavilion


I'd say that this picture is pretty accurate of Busan Tower

Admission Fees
Adults (age 16 and over): 5,000 won
Seniors (age 65 & over): 4,000 won
Children & Teenagers (age 13-18): 3,000 won


Although Busan Tower is only 129m high (which is not much compared to the CN Tower (553m), where I am from) you still get to see a lot of Busan. I'm also really glad that it doesn't go up as high as the CN Tower because it allows for a much more personal and closer, detailed view of the buildings lite up. When I visited the CN Tower,  I was so high up that buildings and cars are like specks. It's still an enjoyable view but it's different from what you're getting with Busan Tower.


The observatory deck is pretty small. During the time of my visit (peak tourist season), there were so many people that it was hard to move around without bumping into elbows.

The colours coming from this picture are from the neon signs of businesses. Although some may find colourful neon lite signs a thing of the past, I find them really charming. I love how these signs give businesses a bit of attitude and life. They represent to me how Korea is constantly changing. I'm pretty sure neon signs would soon be gone when businesses decide to opt for a more modern look.

Thanks for reading my post and if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top