The Face Shop Mango Seed Lip and Eye Makeup Remover

Saturday, November 30, 2013
One of the things that drew me to this remover is ... the colors: I lover how cool and mango-y it looks. I always love dual phase make up remover because they look cool and because they usually do a great job at removing waterproof makeup.


Performance: 

Although this makeup remover removes all of my eye makeup, it does take s
Slightlynlonger than my Innisfree Juicy Eye Lip and Eye Make Up remover and my Neutrogena Lip & Eye Makeup Remover. Usually I shake the bottle to mix the two liquids, I soak my cotton pad with it, and then hold the cotton pad to my eye for about five to ten seconds. It usually removes half my eye makeup (eye shadow, liner, mascara). It definitely has a harder time removing my eyeliner and mascara than my eyeshadow. For your reference, I tend to wear water-resistant eyeliner and mascara. One thing I notice is that sometimes, the liquid just lifts and moves the makeup around my eye area whereas when I use the other makeup removers, the makeup would stick onto the cotton pad better. After a few more swipes with more cotton soaked cotton pads, the make up does eventually all come off. 

If you do get this in your eyes, your sight will be blurry but the blurriness is gone once you wash the oil off with water. It doesn't sting my eyes at all. 

It claims to contain Mango Seed Oil but I didn't find it more or less moisturising than the other makeup removers.

What I Love About It:
  • the colors - I love how the liquid is like a mango yellow - very different from the typical blue and clear 
  • removes all my makeup
  • affordable
  • contains mango seed oil
  • Doesn't sting my eyes
  • Doesn't make my eye area feel oily
  • Easily rinses off with water
  • Not drying

What I Don't Love About It:
  • takes more effort to remove makeup than my other makeup removers
  • more expensive and less effective than Innisfree Juicy Apple Lip and Eye Makeup

Score: B+

This makeup remover does the job but it certainly takes a bit more time and effort than my HGs. Nonetheless, it's still a decent and affordable eye makeup remover that does eventually get ALL the makeup off and doesn't sting your eyes.

If you catch The Face Shop sales when this is 50% off - I do recommend that you pick it up because it is effective and super cheap. If not then I suggest you get the Innisfree Juicy Apple Eye and Lip Makeup remover instead. If that's not available than the Neutrogena Deep Clean Lip and Eye Makeup Remover.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top