My Bronzer and Contour Collection

Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Finding a good contour shade is a true mission for any beauty enthusiast such as myself. I'm constantly on the lookout for the perfect shade that will give me those cheekbones. Part of the reason why its so hard is because we constantly use the words bronzer and contour interchangeably. It wasn't until I brought all my bronzing/contour stuff together that I realize there is a clear difference between something that's meant to contour and something that's meant to bronze. Bronzer to me is something that makes you look like you've got enough sun and contour is for creating shadows out of nothing.

Looking at my collection now, I can see what kinds of colours suit my skin and the shades I should gravitate more towards for future purchases.




Clio Touching Apple Cheek #05 Land Brown: This is probably my second favourite bronzer. It's the only cream contour in my collection and despite having a bit of red in it, it's cool toned.  I love how I can apply it without a brush. It's easily bendable - however over blending will lead to the product disappearing.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't twist up. Once I flatten the dome, its done.

Etude House Aloha (#02 Sun Pink/ Cherry Brown): I've made a dent in this product which is saying a lot. Cherry Brown despite its name is not overly warm nor cool and it's not too soft nor too powdery dry. With a gentle hand, it blends out easily and wears beautifully. I consider this a contour product. 

Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder (Mini Duo with Orgasm Blush): This is cult favourite is a beautiful warm brown with a golden sheen. It can add depth to the cheekbones but it will also add that golden sun kissed glow.

Tarte Off the Cuff Palette (Park Ave Princess): This is a highly pigmented warm tone bronzer. A little goes a long way! It's got a bit too much red for my liking.

Urban Decay Naked Flush (Native): Although I love the pigmentation and texture of this bronzer I'm not a fan of how it looks on me. My skin tone brings out the orange in this product which can result in me looking like an oompa loompa if I go a bit heavy.

Physician's Formula Nude Wear (Light Bronzer): When pictures of these cute little boxes were taking over Instagram, I went out and purchased this along with one of the blushes. However, this my least used bronzer. This product is meant to be used as a glowy bronzer to add that sun kissed look all over the skin. My skin's a bit pale for that to look natural so I rarely use this.

Tony Moly (#5 Brown Sugar): Although this is really too light to do any serious contour with, it's alright as a buffer shade. When I've got time, I add this first and then apply a darker contour shade on top. When swatching the bronzers together, I found that it's really similar to the Physician's Formula Nude Wear Bronzer.

Too Cool For School Contour: This is a really popular contour palette in Korea. The three different strips allow me to contour different sections of my face naturally. It's also cool toned which really suits my skin.


Phew~ I'm glad I finally have a post up again. Even though it's only been about a week since my last post, I really felt a void not doing this and it made me appreciate blogging so much more. Blogging  is an important creative outlet for me and the only space where I can really spend some "me" time-s selfish as it sounds. No one is ever kidding when they say "me" time is important, I'm just glad that I have that moment and also be able to contribute information to all the beauty enthusiasts out there at the same time. 

Thanks for reading my little blog. I really love interacting with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. I probably need to expand my bronzer collection! It's a product I use every single time I wear makeup but I've been using the NYC Sunny bronzer for the past 4 years! I like it but I think it's time to try out some more. I have purchased this bronzing palette from Makeup Revolution at Ulta and I like it and has different shades and a highlighter. I've heard a lot about the Too Cool For School one so that's definitely something I'm going to add to my list of things to buy next online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have makeup revolution in canada yet but it sounds lovely! I used to Sunny way back. It was my first bronzer! It's a bit orange on me but I know it looks great on many others tho. The Too Cool ForSchool contour is pretty neutral tones and prob will suit everyone so give it a try :)

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top