Recent Favourites

Friday, December 23, 2016


1. Sephora Lip Stain Cream in #13 Marvelous Mauve
I put off purchasing this colour for the longest time. Why? Because it had always looked horrendous in the warm lights of Sephora. However, I'm glad to say that in normal lighting, this is such a pretty and trending colour.

2. Innisfree Lip Treatment Tint in #1 Cherry in Honey
I've reviewed this in the past before and after taking a break from it during the summer, I'm so happy to bring it back into my daily use. My lips have been crazy dry and chapped ever since it got cold here. I would put lip balm on and that'd was only like putting a bandaid on top of a crack. This lip treatment is a bit thick but it feels so wonderful on the lips and it looks beautiful too! It's like a lip gloss with a tinge of pink. My lips stay hydrated for quite a few hours and when the product wears off, they still feel a ton better than when I was just using lip balm. Plus, it tints my lip to a bright pinky natural colour. I'm actually considering getting a back up because this is all that I've been using all day everyday. The only downside is, I've noticed a little bit of leakage. To remedify this, I've been keeping it a small ziplock baggy.

3. Nars Lip Pencil in Cruella
I don't usually wear red lipstick but I thought it was really appropriate for a Christmas party I attended it earlier. The good thing about Cruella is that it's was really long lasting. Even though I had a sloppy burger, it didn't leave a bloody rim around my mouth. Instead, it stained and gracefully faded. Another thing that I really like about it is that it's not really the classic, bright Christmas red. It's still classic but slightly darker. It was surprising easy to apply for such a pigmented colour even for a red lip noob like myself. My friend loved it so much, she purchased it as well.



4. Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer in Turks et Caicos
I picked this up spontaneously and did not expect to like it as much as I do. In pan and even in picture, the blush looks like a boring tan colour and the bronzer looks like chocolate. However, I'm glad to say that on my skin, they translate to different shades. The blush adapts to a much pinkier brown colour and the bronzer buffs right into the blush giving my cheeks even more definition. 

5. The Body Shop Body Butter and Shower Gel in British Rose
This smells like the softest, truest roses. None of that powdery rose scent, this is definitely a more modern, soft, feminine rose scent with a hint of Peony. I actually liked it so much I got the Eau de Toilet which I don't like as much. It smells completely different as the Eau de Toilet is much sweeter, which overpowers the softness found in the body butter and shower gel, and a much stronger peony note that masks the rose scent. 

6. Dawn over Riddarfjarden by Eugene Jansson
I had the pleasure of visiting the AGO to see Mystical Landscapes earlier this month. Although my friend and I were mainly there to see Monet and Van Gogh, the rest of the collection of was also impressively good. I love landscapes but I've mostly been into the Group of Seven. Eugene Jansson was a Swedish artist painter, and amongst some of the art displayed there, Dawn over Riddarfjarden was one of my favourite.

7. TV show -  Brooklyn Nine - Nine
This show  is a no brainer. No thinking at all. I've binged watch almost all three seasons while knitting (yes, I've picked up knitting). It's a comedy, police sit-com and about 20-ish minutes per episode. The main characters are slightly unlikeable but that's what makes them human. Although I've recommended this to several people, none of them liked it.

That's all my favourites for now. I apologize for the lack of updates. I've recently been addicted to online shopping so I'm sure you'll be seeing more posts soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top