ESQIDO x HOT RENFREW LAUNCH PARTY: ESQIDO LASHES IN UNFORGETTABLE REVIEW

Saturday, August 27, 2016
Recently, I've had the honour to be invited to a launch party by Esqido at Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale. It's funny because, although having lived in and around Toronto almost all my life, I've only been to Yorkdale twice... and this is the second time. The first time was when my friend had to blitz in Holt Renfrew to pick up a pair of Shu Uemura Farfallina falsies. It's funny how this time, I'm also in to get a pair of falsies as well.


Esqido lashes are made from mink hair that's naturally shed. They're really soft and light! From the card that I've received, they have 11 different styles ranging from extremely natural (Little Black Dress) to the very dramatic (Amp It Up).

The lashes were glued onto these sticks that we could hold up to our right eyes and see how the lashes will look on. 

UNFORGETTABLE 
The ones I chose was Unforgettable. They reminded me of the discontinued Kiss 06 lashes that I've been trying to replace for a while now. 


When I saw Unforgettable, I knew it was love at first sight. It's natural enough for me to pull off on a day time event and glam enough to still wear through the night. 

As you can see the lash band is decently thick but it's also very soft and bendable. The makeup artist, Tanya, who applied these on me, told me the trick to not having a lifting band is to tailor the lashes to fit the eyes. This also prevents it from poking the eyes with the ends. The lashes are very wispy. When removing the lashes, you just need a bit of oil-free makeup remover on a q-tip and dab the lash band. Gently lift the lashes off by holding the band not the lashes. With good care, I've heard these lashes can be used up to 20 times. 

The lovely makeup artist, Tanya, of Holt Renfrew Yorkdale. She took such amazing care of my lashes and I during this lash fitting. Also thank you to Adrienne of Beyond the Exterior for taking this photo. 

Here's a description from the Esqido Website

I'd say the recommendations are fairly accurate for me! My eyes range from Monolid to Hooded on given days and they're slightly downturned. However with Unforgettable, because there is a gradual shift from short to long, the increase length gives my eyes a upturn, cat eye lift - no surgery needed!

I wore these lashes for the day (and the next day) without any problems. They're super light weight so I almost felt like I  didn't have anything on. However, I would say that I'm quite use to wearing falsies so my experience might be different from first time false lash users.

The lashes are on the pricier side because they're mink so I would really consider these falsies a treat for a special occasion.

If you're unsure of which lashes to chose from they've got a lash quiz you can take. 

I took this before I headed into the event and it was VERY accurate and helpful. 

My other choice would be Lash Named Desire which is a tad thicker and more dramatic than Unforgettable.
Lash Named Desire

DAY 2
I wore these lashes for the second time the day after to capture these lashes in detail.


I just love how they curve up. This has got to be the most natural lashes I've worn in a while.

Companion Eyelash Glue
I feel like no one's really talked about the Companion Eyelash Glue. It's beautiful and it's amazing.  It's made specially for mink eyelashes and it's latex-free!

Just look at the packaging. It's got to be the best looking lash glue I've ever seen.

The tip allows for precision so it's great to carry out for nights where you're afraid the ends of your falsies will pop.

Even though this glue held my falsies on all day, it wasn't hard to remove at the end of the day.  If it does give resistance, just remember, a dab of oil-free remover will do wonders.

OVERALL
I've really enjoyed the Unforgettable eyelashes and the companion glue. Big thanks to Esqido for inviting me to this event and giving me my first introduction to mink false eyelashes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so scared to use lashes! I tried on individual lashes for a convention and every lash was on sideways -_- Probably lash strips are easier. But they look really good on you! Very natural looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! It's definitely my type of lashes :) It'll be my go-to if I have to attend a wedding this summer. Lash strips are A LOT easier. I struggle with individual lashes too (with them going sideways and whatnots) but they look the most natural. What you can do is just cut strip lashes into little bits and apply it on. I recommend trying with a cheap pair of lashes first!

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top