[REVIEW] Snoopy Limited Edition Skinfood Royal Honey Good Moisturizing Cream

Sunday, January 10, 2016

When Skinfood came out with the Snoopy Collaboration, I was so excited. It was actually this product that I saw first on Instagram of the collab. I can tell you, I was immediately in love with the packaging. Skinfood skincare has always done pretty well with my skin so I knew that it was a brand I could trust for my skin. Good skincare + super cute packaging = I needed it.


Skinfood Royal Honey Good Moisturizing Cream has been around long before the Snoopy collaboration but it was only with the adorable good packaging that I really paid attention to it. 


CLAIMS

"Free of 10: Mineral oils, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, benzoic acid, salicylic acid, silicone oils, talc, triclosan, triethanolamine, polyacrylamide"

100-hours of hydration 

I love it when products come sealed. It makes a world of a difference to me!

This product comes in a squeeze tube with 200g of product. I really love how it's in a tube form. Most of the creams I've been using lately have all come in a jar form. More often than not, I'm in a hurry or don't have a q-tip around to scoop products out. It's truly my pet peeve when I get cream underneath my nails. I'm just constantly thinking about contaminating the rest of the product even though I know I washed and dried my hands. This tube, although quite large, really allows me to squeeze the right amount out. 

TEXTURE
The texture of the cream is lovely.  It's not too runny where it will just ooze out of the tube without pressure nor is it too thick where it would get stuck in the tube. It's just perfect, it really is. When you touch it, it feels light, almost like a gel - cream and upon spreading, it becomes almost watery.

PERFORMANCE
Since I've been using only this product as my skincare since I got it, I feel comfortable giving a review on its performance. As a product that can be used on the body and on the face, I really wasn't expecting much. However, I have to say, I really, really enjoy this cream. It's a simple, hydrating cream and that is completely true to its name, Good Moisturizing Cream.  Previously I've been mixing argan oil in my moisturizer to keep my skin supple, however with this, there's no need to do that. Ever since I started using this cream, I haven't really needed anything else. The watery-cream consistency allows the cream to smooth out onto my skin easy and sink in right away.  It feels really light and gives me a sense of hydration right away. The only drawback is that there is an ever, so slight, barely noticeable stick to it when I apply it on my face. On my hands, it just sinks right in and disappears. It really leaves my skin feeling nice, moisturized and smooth which is amazing because it's winter in Canada right now.  It also does well under makeup. My BB cushion applies on easier and does not cake on top of this cream. 

Although its name includes the eye catching Royal Honey, it doesn't really say anywhere on the box how this will make the cream more effective. You'd think that if it's named after something, the ingredient should be somewhere near the top of the list. In this case, honey extract and royal jelly are actually somewhere in the middle of the ingredient's list. Despite this, the ingredients list consist of some really beneficial top ingredients which include Water, Glycerin, Olive Oil, and Macadamia Oil.  True to their brand name, Skinfood, skincare is essentially what your skin eats and it makes me feel good about using this product knowing that it's made with good things and without the 10 ingredients listed in the claims.



SCENT
The scent is the only downside to this product. It smells unpleasant.  Two people have confirmed with me that theirs also smell the same so I'm sure mine isn't defective. I've been trying really hard to pinpoint what it smells like and all I can say is, it smells like a farm + plastic. When the cream is first applied to the face, the scent is noticeable and it's not appetizing. It fades after 5 to 10 minutes but it's still something to consider if you're sensitive to smell. On the good side is that it means there were no added fragrances which we all know are not good for skin anyways. 

HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO THE ORIGINAL?
The original comes in 100g for 13 000 Won ($13USD - roughly) whereas with the Snoopy Limited Edition only 200g size is available for 20 000 Won ($20 USD).  Since they're under the same name, I would think they're the same product just in different packaging. Besides the difference in the appearance of the tube, I've also read in some reviews that the original is scentless.

OTHERS
There are actually a lot of products under the Royal Honey line. Here are some of their staples.

OVERALL
I really like this product for its mess free application. It's been gentle while super hydrating on my skin. With 200g of product, I can imagine that this will last me a while.  The only downside is the scent which is something to consider. I'm also curious to try other products in this line. Currently, I've got the BB Cushion to test out.

9 comments:

  1. Really great and in depth review. I haven't experimented enough with Skinfood besides a few samples that I really enjoyed. A lot of stuff from this collab intrigues me so I'll add this to my list of things to try. Thanks for another helpful review Christine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the detailed review!
    i think it will suit people with dry skin type but I can't imagine the farm scent, would prefer it to be unscented 😅
    it's funny how royal jelly is not listed as the main ingredient although the name consist of royal jelly. ^^"

    www.rinicesillia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad to describe it as farm but it really reminds me of the time I walk pass a rabbit's cage or something! It's so hard to describe. I would like to have seen royal jelly up top but i understand that it's expensive and for such an affordable cream, the other ingredients are just as fine :)

      Delete
  3. Overall, a great and detailed review. I've been eyeing this line from Skinfood for a while now and am sitting on the fence on whether I should purchase it. Not too sure I would be pleased with the scent though.

    Payanie // tumblr // Newly established K-beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is something to be considered. It wouldn't be as bad if they had just made it scentless!

      Delete
  4. Great review! the snoopy packaging looks adorable :) sounds like this product contains a lot of great ingredients for the skin! I have not tried much of Skin Food..but I will definitely keep this on my radar!

    www.sowendyso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinfood is really awesome. I usually really like everything I try from them with the exception of their makeup stuff. You should definitely look into giving some of their skincare a try :)

      Delete
  5. I really like their products.
    Looks like a great moisturizer for dry skin,
    I would love to give it a try because i have dry skin.
    and i love the packaging its so cuteeeee.

    would you like to follow each other on GFC & G+?
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top