Fresh - Dare to Bare Sugar Lip Ritual Review

Wednesday, January 7, 2015


Over the holidays a group of my friends generously gifted me the fresh Dare to Bare Sugar Lip Ritual. I've never tried any fresh products before but I've heard many good things about them. I know that back in 2012 Sephora's birthday gift was a set of fresh lippies but I missed out on that one so I'm so happy to finally be able to try them in this limited edition gift set.




This set comes with five items (They're all half or close to half size of the full size items):


  • Sugar Lip Polish (8g / 0.28oz)
  • Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy (5ml / 0.16 floz)
  • Sugar Lip Treatment Advance Therapy (2.2g / 0.08oz)
  • Sugar Rosé  Tinted Lip Treatment (2.2g / 0.08oz)
  • Sugar Shine Lip Treatment (3ml / 0.1floz)
I have to say that the name Sugar Lip Ritual is really apt. I usually use this set in the order of 1. Polish 2. Serum 3. Treatment and it does really feel like a spa ritual. My lips are left feeling plump and moisturized.



fresh Sugar Lip Polish

Honestly, how cute is this little tube? Seeing how neat the contents are packed inside I was definitely the most hesitant to use this product out of everything in the entire set. I just wanted to keep it in its pristine condition - all clean and neat. I just take a half pea size amount of this and massage it onto my lips. The sugar in it gives it a very grainy feel while the oils in the polish prevent it from being abrasive. After rinsing this off, the fingers that were in contact with the polish feels like they're coated in oil (like washing off Vaseline without soap) and my lips feel super smooth like a baby's behind with no dry skin in sight.



fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy

I love how the contents are housed in a miniature pump bottle. I've never used a lip serum before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it would be like a lip balm but I'm completely wrong. This applies on easily like a thin lotion but sinks in right away and leaves my lips matte. I don't feel that my lips are especially moisturized after using this. This could be one of those products that take a while for effects to show but sadly there's only 5ml in this trial size and I'm don't think I'll spend $41 CDN to buy the full size (10ml / 0.3floz).




fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Advance Therapy

I really like this lip balm! It provides instant dry lip relief once I apply it on and it doesn't make my lips look oily. I can apply my lip products over this without fearing that they'll slid off. It keeps my lips really moisturize but it wipes off easily as well.




fresh Sugar Rosé  Tinted Lip Treatment 

This was the product that I missed out on back in 2012.  The Sugar Tint Lip Treatments are pretty popular. Rosé provides a slight pretty and natural rosy colour. However, because my lips are quite pigmented, it doesn't really show up. It definitely feels thicker than the Advance Lip Therapy and also less moisturizing. It lasts a pretty long time as well, I can still feel it on my lips maybe 5 hours later. 


fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment

I'm more of a matte or semi-gloss type of girl so I don't really have all that many lip glosses. This lip gloss really impress me with its shine. It applies on thinly and one layer is all you need for soft glossy lips. I love how the gloss is not sticky at all but I'm really disappointed in the amount that I get with this set. It's only 3ml and it really seems like I use about a 1/4 of it every time I put it on. I can see the product disappearing from the tube. (The full size of this item is 6ml).

It has a doe foot applicator. Because of the size of the foot, I find that it applies on just the right amount of gloss. 


left to right: fresh Sugar Tinted Lip, fresh Sugar Shine Treatment, fresh Sugar Lip Serum


fresh Sugar Shine Treatment over the fresh Sugar Tinted Treatment

All in all, this is a very  luxe and pricey gift that is amazing on the lips and definitely worth giving to someone who you know won't splurge on it. I received it just in time to fight the dry winter. My favourites from this set has to be the Lip Treatment Advance Therapy, Sugar Shine Lip Treatment, and the Lip Polish. 

Thanks again girls! I know you're reading this :)


1 comment:

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top