L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Hand Cream Review

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Let me start off this post by telling you this, I have never been one to finish using up anything. Why? 1. I lose interest in the scent 2. I love the product I'm scared of using it all up 3. I get bored and buy new products. However this is not the case with this hand cream. I've almost used all of it up and there is some kind of satisfaction with that!


 L'Occitane hand creams to me was one of those passing trends in the beauty community. One season everyone has it and raves about it and the next people have moved onto other things. As per usual with most items.  I actually never gave it much thought but ever since I've moved to Korea, I've received two of them as gifts. I think L'Occitane has an especially high prestige value in Korea because 

1. It's sold in department stores 
2. It's expensive for a hand cream
3. It's imported from France

All these qualities make it a very good gift for someone you're not too close with but respects.


Scent

I'm not very good at describing scents, but I think the Fleur Cherie hand cream has a very unique and expensive scent. I've allowed my guy friends to use my hand creams before and they like it as well. The scent is not too sweet and not too heavy. It's smells like slightly musky orange blossoms - very elegant, slightly feminine. I find it a very relaxing smell.  Orange blossom scents are quite unique in Western markets. The only other place I've seen orange blossom scented products is at Innisfree (It's my favorite Korean store). They made a shower gel and lotion but the scent is extremely overpowering compared to the L'Occitane. Fleur Cherie scent lingers for about an hour before fading off.

Price

It retails for 12 000 Won for 30ml

Texture:

Not too light nor too thick. It feels like a milky lotion and absorbs immediately leaving my hands feel soft and moisturized but not greasy.

Moisture

This hand cream provides slight hydration. When my hands are extremely dry, I don't find that this hand creams makes that much of a difference but yet it never claimed to be a heavy duty hand cream. It's wonderful to use if you have slightly dry hands that need occasional moisture.

Convenience

This is definitely small and convenient enough to stick into my makeup bag. I love how it comes in a tube and not a had plastic case. It's also pretty to pull out and use.

Bottom Line

I don't find that the L'Occitane hand creams to be increadibly amazing or anything for moisture but they do have it nailed when it comes to scent. I think they make wonderful indulgences and excellent gifts but I don't think I would buy it if I just need a hand cream to moisturize my hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top