Traditional Korean Food - Fancy Style Photo Heavy

Thursday, October 24, 2013
Today, I went out to lunch with my adjummas. I had met them when I first arrived in Korea and we still keep in touch. 

When I first heard that we were going to a traditional Korean restaurant, I was a bit hesistant. You see I am not the biggest fan of traditional Korean food. However, this time we arrived at a pretty fancy place and the some of the dishes were like none I've ever had before. Let's get this post started!

This is red bean soup - served in a small little cup, it had a small picture on it - which makes it oh - so - fancy as normally they don't have that there. The consistancy is porridge like and the taste is pretty mild - a common trait among traditional Korean food - and of course the natural sweetness of the red beans.



I'm actually not sure what this is called in English  but it's basically bits of pickled radishes in a sweet vinegary liquid.

Pine Mushroom Soup - it's slightly salty with two slices of very expensive pine mushrooms, a baby bak choi, and a slice of fish cake.

Again- I'm not sure what this vegetable is called. The adjummas told me this is an "edible plant". The texture is slightly chewy and a tiny bit salty.


Salad with Orange Sauce - you might think orange sauce is strange but it's not real orange. It's just got the perfect amount of citrusyness to it.

Chicken with ginseng sauce and side salad: Very tender roasted chicken miranated in a savory salty sauce. You can't really taste the ginseng at all. 

Salmon with Asparagus and Mushroom - I was really surprised when the adjummas didn't know what asparagus was. Apparently, it's not very common in Korea.

Smoked Duck - you're suppose to put it on a slice of radish and add in the spicy pickled radish.

Like This! - fold the radish and enjoy!

Sashimi With Gold - indeed this is quite fancy. I've never had edible gold before and after rolling the sashimi in the wasabi, I could not even taste it. 

Spicy Dabboki with Seafood

Grilled Shrimp on top of a Pineapple with a side of Potato Salad

Up Close

Hamburger Meat Patties with Savory Sauce, Sweet Corn, Potato Wedges, and Grilled Broccoli and Tomato

Crab Shabu Shabu

Neing Mein - cold noodles

Sliced Fig

The dinner ended with an Americano - with sugar because I am unused to drinking Americano straight up.

2 comments:

  1. All seem very delicious! I enjoyed your posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This feels like a french-style servings of korean food!

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top