Hera Sun Mate Daily SPF 35+++ Sun Protector Review

Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing the Herea Sun Mate Daily SPF35 PA+++. If you have read my review on The Face Shop Super Perfect Sun Cream, you know that I'm extremely picky when it comes to sun cream. Nevertheless, sun care is extremely important year round and I shall continue on my quest to find the perfect one.


Hera is quite a bit more expensive than The Face Shop and this product retails for 32 000 Won (about $30 - 32 U.S.D.) Let's see how well it did for me.

The Hera Sun Mate Daily is a cream-type sunblock that can also be used as a make up base. It comes in a simple orange squeeze tube with a plastic twist off lid.  It has a nice little safety seal. The hole that dispenses the product is quite small so you can really control how much product you want to squeeze out.

The consistency of this product is that of a cream. It's slightly thicker than that of The Face Shop Super Perfect Sun Cream but it doesn't feel thicker on the skin. It spreads out nicely and absorbs quickly.

As you can see the actually sun cream is not white. It's more of a beigey pink which won't give you that white cast on your skin that some sun creams can give you. However, it also won't give you any coverage. This is strictly a sun cream not a tinted moisturizer and shouldn't be treated as such.


Performance: It's really moisturizing and easily absorbed. I love how it also just feels like a normal moisturizer. There is shine after application but no white cast. People with dry skin might find that this sun block is great for their skin because it is so moisturizing. However I have combination skin so I find that I tend to look really oily right after applying it. It really looks like I had rubbed facial oil on my face so I don't like to wear this on its own. Since it can also be used as a base, I like to layer my BB cream or powder on top. The moisture from the sun block makes the powder or BB cream look really natural and also adhere better to my skin thus increasing the staying power of my base makeup. Because this product has a beigey color, it blends in easily with whatever bb cream I have on. Due to the humidity of summer in Korea, I sweat A LOT.  Sometimes, some sun blocks lift up into a white layer and stream down my face. Hera Sun Mate Daily did not. It stayed on well and it also held onto my base makeup. Another thing I really loved about this sunscreen is that it does not roll up. When I touch my face, it doesn't come off in little rolled balls as some other sun creams do (cough: Missha Sun Milk - review coming soon).  As with all sun blocks, you should reapply every few hours. 


Ingredients:

Overall:  I really like the staying power of this sun block but I really don't care for how oily it looks on its own. It's a beautiful as a base but not meant for me to wear it alone. Because it is so incredibly moisturizing, I really recommend people with dry skin to try this out. People with oily skin might find that this is way too oily for them.



2 comments:

  1. Such an important product! I definitely got more tan over the summer, thank goodness I didn't get burned~ but other than wrinkles and aging signs, I am growing more concerned with potential health risks like skin cancer. Thanks for the review! I will definitely consider it for winter, when my skin does get drier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sun block is so important! If you have any recommendations of sun blocks that you like, please let me know :)

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top